Thread: Oil Pan Gasket
View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 04:11 AM   #12
handcn
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckjarr View Post
I had about 28hrs total in the job with the occasional help of my dad for the times I needed more hands. Like anything else, having been through it once now, I could easily cut that time in half if I had to repeat the process. I am certainly not a professional mechanic but I can find my way around a wrench. With that said, this was a pretty big job for me at this time in life! I did not follow a manual. I did spend quite a bit of time researching different aspects of the job as there is not a lot of info out there for this kind of work on the S63 or even the N63 for that matter. I was able to find torque specs for most of it. I’m always a believer in applying the correct torque to any fastener but especially when your installing an aluminum fastener into aluminum.

Glad the pics worked! Sorry for the quality....
Thanks for your information. your works is great! I admire your skills very much. I removed my engine shield today , found front of the upper and lower oil pans are leaking. I inquired BMW KSD, replace upper oil pans needed 93 TPU unit of billing time!! OMG in China,1 TPU=5 min=8.1 USD
Appreciate 0