View Single Post
      01-01-2019, 09:04 AM   #8
550iFreak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i 6MT

Good job Ryan!
I need to figure out a way to post pics up for my valve seal repair job I did on my car. Granted it is my 2011 550i 6mt, it was done at 105k miles. I'm at 113k, did the first oil change at 6500 miles, going on second. I did not lose a drop of oil the entire time. Runs mint too

Total cost of my repair is 1500 dollars, all in parts and tools. It was a nerve racking week, and weekend hahaha. But after everything was done and did my first start, it was quite emotional. Car used to burn a quart every 1k miles, blow nice blue smoke with factory exhaust. Now, catless and muffler deleted, no smoke at all. Only smoke comes out are the tires losing traction hehe.

Now I read that you had to hammer your injector back in place.....how so?

I have a special tool set that I used the slide hammer to get them out, which all slid out by hand surprisingly but was coated in fresh oil.........which told me my VC failed miserably. To reinstall, I bought all new injector seals and decoupler rings, go through three seal squeezing steps( each has an internally tapered die to slide the injector to squeeze the seal). On the third and hardest tool, you only had like 2 mins to put it in the hole on the engine or the seal is damaged since it swells up. They slid right back in no problem.

I was also fortunate that I did not lose any keepers( crazy......) but the intake valves towards the firewall are the worst in which a little mirror is nonexistent for assistance. Lithium grease and praying lol.

The vanos solenoid seals, hpfp seals, VC, oil separators, lines, etc were also changed out too.

Hope it brings nothing but joy, happy new year!
Appreciate 0