View Single Post
      12-29-2019, 01:44 AM   #27
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXMMMMMW View Post
This just happened to me after replacing my air shocks. I have the DSC/xDrive malfunction, Servotronic, brake light, AND a lighting issue that all popped up after the replacement of the air shocks. I disconnected the battery, connected it while still on the jack and stands to check for leaks in the air system and immediately got these errors. The power steering is very stiff as well. I assumed it was a blown fuse as nothing else was done to the car and it had been working great otherwise. I can't find a blown fuse (not finished checking them all). I suppose the battery could be weak and that causes huge problems for this car. I can't see how the transfer case could fail without even being driven.

The big difference between my issue and the others mentioned here is the lighting issue. My interior lights won't come on and the headlights do not turn with the steering wheel.

Am I missing something obvious?
The errors you are getting are normal after a battery disconnect. Freaked me out the first time I experienced it too. Just hop in and drive it a bit slowly around the neighborhood, turn the steering wheel all the way from side to side while slowly driving and within about 500 feet of driving, all the errors (steering, 4x4, DSC, etc) will go out as the system recalibrates itself and steering will go back to normal
Appreciate 0