11-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #24
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlam86 View Post
I had this come up right as I was making a quick left to avoid on coming traffic.
After sitting for almost a month I finally got around to putting my transmission fluid back in after replacing the 4 sealing sleeves my tech buddy missed for some reason. Been driving fine all week, heavy rains last night and it shit the bed in a sweeping left corner :/ Limped it home, read/reset the grocery list of codes, drove it HARD and all was fine so I called it a night. Driving into work this afternoon, made a sudden lane change on a 35MPH and it shits the bed yet again, but this time it was slow enough that it kept forcing itself into Neutral multiple times as I'm trying to do a u-turn and get the damn thing home...had to keep throwing it into Drive like 5-6x as I'm still mid u-turn. Limped it home, parked and I'm done with this shit.

Straight line acceleration is fine but clearly there's something going on where the system sees a difference in wheel speed, tries to correct and falls on it's face since aggressive lane changes is what has caused the issue before. Someone mentioned on here about recalibrating the steering angle sensor, and while I've got a GT1 style laptop, I've got zero clue where to find that screen. Seeing as there are rebuild kits on eBay for $800, to a point I'm fine doing vs dealership quotes I've read of $3000+ but I'm going to lose my shit (again) if I try another fix and it doesn't work...the GF yelled at me but I've suggested on trading everything in, giving up on high HP rigs and getting some boring ass Lexus'

- Transmission, diff and transfer case fluids are maybe a year old
- Pulled the transfer case servo motor a few months ago and the plastic internal wheel was in perfect shape
- Adaptations reset, clutch packs reset, etc using ISTA+
- Redid all the gaskets within the trans this week
- Battery replaced with a proper AGM battery and calibrated with the month, INPA says it's holding charge just fine

Just when I think I've sorted it out, here I am again
Appreciate 0