10-27-2021, 10:04 AM   #18
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
I've found on applying for jobs they do ask for certain things, and unless you have what they want you don't get past the bots, so yes just for the certification.

But yeah good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
If you've been working in IT for a while A+ will be a laugh. You will likely not gain anything from it other than the certification.

Maybe it's just been my experience, but CompTIA seems to be more DoD focused. Any DoD agency or contractor that works with the DoD wants CompTIA certs, but I haven't seen much outside of the DoD care a lot about CompTIA.

I've been working IT administration for almost 10 years, and server admin and data center admin for the past 3 years, and right now I just have Security+. I'm currently going through Server+ simply for the certification on a resume because its a lifetime cert. I start CASP next week, and then after CASP if its still being offered here I'm shooting for CCNA. A+ is the bare minimum we require for entry level help desk administrative roles.
If resumes are first scanned by bots you need keywords first and foremost on your cover page. The DoD is notorious for highly qualified people getting rejected simply because their cover page didnt state verbatim the job title and posting number in the first line. It's ridiculous.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
nazali1311.50