10-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #12
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
ok, was a service desk analyst. Now a senior Service desk analyst
I was think of service desk manager, next or team lead, technically in my last role I was promoted to a shift lead (senior analyst) so looking after a team of guy's on the weekend, late shift.

Trying to work out my career path also as now I'm a contractor (Incorporated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
This.

So when you say you're in a senior role, you mean a senior sysadmin? Or in a senior IT role? Entirely different career paths. A technical certification will help you in technical roles, not so much in senior managerial roles.
Service Desk is a generalist role, and one of my favourites because of that. I've been there for many years.

IT is just a general term for so many different careers. When and if you become more specialized in a certain field within IT, you will need to learn and get certified in that field.

CCNA is a great stepping stone if you're into networking. Then there's CCIE, which further specializes into particular areas (telephone, wireless, messaging etc.)

There's sysadmin that could be UNIX/Linux focused, or AD.

Given what we know about you (very little), it does seem like you're trying to venture into more specialized infrastructure fields.

I agree getting certified in Azure/AWS and Kubernetes could be your next step if you're into that. Almost every company has some exposure to the cloud, and managing hybrid infrastructure and containers that move from on-premise to the cloud and vice-versa for redundancy or resiliency, for example, is a big ticket item.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615280.00
nazali1311.50