View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 03:21 PM   #9
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
It's not worth it. If you're in a senior role, a CompTIA+ won't add anything. It's viewed as a very basic level cert for entry level positions. If you want to put time into getting a cert, the CCNA is going to be worth a lot more than a CompTIA+. But this is all based on what area of IT you're looking to work in or focused on.

Frankly, putting your time and energy into any cert dealing with the cloud is going to yield a lot more than any of the certs we're talking about.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
I've found in my roles, that CCNA hasn't helped me "greatly" as the roles don't need me to get onto routers etc, mainly sysadmin, and you need to be a sysadmin LOL
I was thinking of recertifying my CCNA though, I think I have to do the whole course again, as it has also changed, (was 640) now something different
So when you say you're in a senior role, you mean a senior sysadmin? Or in a senior IT role? Entirely different career paths. A technical certification will help you in technical roles, not so much in senior managerial roles.
Appreciate 1
nazali1311.50