Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksa View Post
Thanks for the comment, it helps.

How do you like those plastic cover things? I saw them on eBay but wasn't sure if it's something that'll have any longevity and if it looks decent in person?

I saw the doubt sill ones on eBay for around $200. I guess I might go with one of those in gloss black.

For the lips/diffuser the cheapest I can see on eBay are around $750 Canadian plus shipping and that's quite expensive. But since it's a big vehicle I guess even the no name brand ones are that expensive. When I had my C63 I was able to get the front lip for under $400.

I don't think I will go the route of lowering it and all that though. Perhaps a different set of rims. I will need one for winter anyway so maybe I will get a nice in black and use that for summer and swap the tires from the current rims to that and install the winter tires on the OEM rims. Guess will think about it.

Love this colour though ever sine I saw it first. Looking forward to it.
Anytime, this is pretty much only place where u can find answers so we should def keep helping each other!

I like the covers, I wasn't sure myself when I ordered them but was pleasantly surprised when received them, they actually clip on so they won't come off easily, 6 month plus many car washes, they still there with no signs of wear!

Yes, u pay premium price for premium car, parts etc., nothing is cheap even replicas, but if you look patiently enough you can find something for decent price. Also some people just thinking that it's wrong to have anything replica on this cars, I have no problem with replicas as long as quality is decent.

The lowering is totally up to you, most of the people who mod they cars think that it's one of the major parts and I'm in the same boat. I got lucky in a way that when I bought mine it's already had KW v3, so it's saved me $3500 but I would probably do H&R lowering springs as I used them on my 11, X5 and liked them alot.

My winter set is actually 310M replicas with Toyo Proxes STII, I got them as a set right after I got my car, payed around $2k for a set, no complains!

Just to let you know how everything is expensive...
$4000 - $7000 Extended warranty
$3500 - $4k - LED retrofit (yes I'm not lucky as my came without)
$1000 - $1200 - F85 brakes + pads
$2000 - Velos Stage 2 tuner (could be little cheaper if u'll get a discount, price includes personal tuner, not sure if u planning to tune u car)
$3500 - $4500 - CIC to NBT retrofit
and more...
Appreciate 0