View Single Post
      11-14-2018, 06:22 AM   #16
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
Glad you found the leak! Where was it coming from?

Btw, Carly is probably reading the upstream pressure. In my screen shot you can see the upstream pressure is around 2221 hpa (32psi) and the downstream pressure sensor after the throttle body valve is reading around 17psi. The upstream pressures can very well be 32psi. The diverter valve controls the pressure in the charge pipe (boost-on-tap), while the throttle body valve controls the pressure in the intake manifold.(actual boost)
My earlier post was a little confusing. I tried a pressure test last week but found that there was a small hole in my rubber intake boot leading from the filter to the air duct. I patched it up using rubber cement and electrical tape but haven't tried another pressure test. Fedex says the new elbow will be here Saturday.

I haven't actually found the leak yet, but figured I should just buy the chargepipes since they come with new diverter valves in them. This way I don't buy new diverter valves and find out that wasn't the issue and have to buy a new charge pipe with new diverter valves again. Idk what else it could be.

If Carly is reading the freeze frame codes for upstream bank 1 then I suppose it has to be leaking from bank 1. That is the side where the intake boot was leaking and that side also has the most oil in the intake system. When I was running catch cans, bank 1 would be dry and I was only pulling oil from bank 2. I deleted the cans, but getting a lot of oil in the air duct and all over the diverter valve only on bank 1. Maybe this could point to an issue with the ccv?

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0