View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 11:09 PM   #491
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N63Victum View Post
I have a 2012 X5 i50 E70. I am the second owner. The Vehicle has 142K miles on it. I've had $12,000 of work done on it last week. Replaced the Valve Stem seals, PCV assemblies, Flywheel replaced (wobbling) Rear main seal. Battery, Alternator, Turbo oil exhaust pump. a bunch of suspension stuff.

It runs great now but it still burns oil. It still smokes at idle and a cloud of smoke appears when I accelerate from idle at a stop then disappears. Also, when I stop the car. Shut the engine off, get out and walk around back smoke continues to come out of the exhaust tail pipes for about a minute or two. Could this smoke be coming from all the oil the turbos and the faulty valve stem seals dumped into the exhaust system? Is there anyway to clean the oil from the exhaust system besides driving it and burning it out? I don't want to start the damn thing on fire.

Finally and related to the quoted post. Does anyone know if I qualify for this Customer Care Program? I purchased the car from a small Non Certified BMW dealer. Would that disqualify me from participation in the program?
Did they replace the turbo oil return lines? these are known to clog on the N63 and will cause oil pressure to build in the turbos and to leak out the seals into the intake. Also did they replace all of the Crank Case ventilation tubes?

As for the CCP program, you can go on BMW's website and enter you VIN to see if you qualify but with that much mileage I think you are on your own.
Appreciate 0