View Single Post
      10-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #4
RichardR0404
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLB9 View Post
I'm in Ontario (Toronto). What do you mean "get rid of"...? I am not sure I want to do any after-market/unapproved modifications, because then I have no hope of getting any help from BMW at all.

I am interested to know if others have had these same recurring problems so that I may use that knowledge when I deal with BMW and MOT; also, if anyone knows if they have fixed the problems in more recent diesel models.
That’s bad, Ontario has emission laws which sucks. If you have a SCR issue might be your DEF nozzle has been clogged. Since you live in Ontario I am assume you won’t go through your DEF as fast as me live next door in Quebec. I will suggest you to go to a individual shop who knows how to work on BMW. My recent issue with my active tank BMW has declined my warranty because they don’t have any service record and my engine has been replaced recently. Took to a Indy shop they flushed the tank with alcohol fixed it right away. I would suggest you monitor your reading on EGR, soot mass, EGT, DEF consumption, Ash mass and up and down stream NOx sensor data. I have replaced my engine myself in my garage with 2 helper so this shouldn’t be a big issue. I will suggest you rent a good diagnostic tool kit or ask a mechanic to record the data. As per warranty I won’t count on BMW that much since in Canada this sucks, no lemon law which make me sell my focus RS. Wish you best luck on that. Since I have completely taken the engine apart( strangely my 50k hour engine doesn’t haven any emission issue except that stupid passive tank level sensor clogged) . Let me guess your 35d has been used in city primarily?
Appreciate 0