View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 08:52 AM   #3
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsleepboost View Post
I have work glasses my entire life so I cannot comment on getting used to them. My assumption is that it will happen quickly as you will enjoy wearing them since you can see so much better. You won't want to go back to the blurred vision. Is Lasik or anything similar an option with that eye condition? Also what about contacts? I typically wear contacts except at home or work I wear glasses.

Yea they can be very pricey. The lenses have so many options like anti glare and auto tinting etc that jack up the price. I personally hated the glasses without the nosepads. I found myself always having to push them up as they slide down. I am fine with sunglasses being like that since the hours of usage is much less but my eyeglasses have to have the pads.
The doctor didn't really mention Lasik or contacts. I was told my eyes aren't that bad, but due to the condition of the left eye it degrades overall vision. I look at a lot of technical drawings and blueprints with my job and find focusing or even being able read small lettering gives me a lot of problems. I was concerned about the nose pad issue as well as my Persol sunglasses tend to slide off my nose when I have had them on for a while. One of the reasons that I liked the Oakley's as they have a rubber nose piece built into the frame on the bridge. I'm actually looking forward to being able to see better. For the past few months, I have been wearing some cheap reading glasses when needed but I can't wear them all day as they only help with being able to see up close. I do hate that I have wait 2 more weeks to see clearly.
Appreciate 0