View Single Post
      07-28-2020, 09:55 PM   #1795
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Had a bit of time today and passed a Toyota dealer here in town that has had a 2020 on the lot forever. The price is really good too, they want $47k for it. Having only seen ONE of these on the road in all this time, I just had to know how the thing drove so I stopped in for a test spin.

I really had no desire to buy the car (unless it somehow just blew me away) so I didn't waste much of the salesman's time, just took it for a quick drive. I'm 6'4 and 235, and was instantly turned off by how little vision there is in the car. You feel like the roof is collapsing in on you, and yes I had the seat all the way down.Your vision is so obstructed, it's like being in a pillbox or something.To your left and straight head it feels like you lose 20% of what you'd see in a normal car, I couldn't believe how obstructive it was. The blinds spots were EPIC, I don't think I've ever been in a worse car regarding vision out of the thing.

Needless to say I drove it about 3 miles total, a complete disappointment and with the vision as terrible as it was I didn't even get to test out the performance much. It felt like I was staring at the ceiling and upper door frame more than the road.

With that being said, it felt like a very solidly built car and is actually pretty attractive in person I must say. If you're a younger person with a nice job and a bit of money to throw around, I think it's a great choice especially at that price point. You just need to be smaller in stature, I can't imagine anybody over 6 foot would ever find that car comfortable. Compared to my MKIV back in the day, that thing was awesome in regards to room/space.
Appreciate 0