View Single Post
      05-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #19
Sabs1815
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
When I had a minor accident that damaged my rear bumper, it cost the insurance $4,000 to the BMW certified collision center. They handled everything and had a Enterprise employee come pick me up for a rental car. Id look into a certified BMW collision center if you have one nearby.

I see you are in NYC. I used BMW Freeport. Pretty much a hassle free process.dropped off the car and they had insurance claim adjusters come and write them a check.
Thats pretty much my plan, I wanna take it drop it off and have everything taken care of. I like Open Road BMW great SA's there and I already spoke to them they said they'll be taking care of everything, just waiting on the police report and ill be dropping her off.
Problem now is I've been feeling this VERY unsettling wobble at high speed braking since the car got hit. It feels like it's all over the place when I'm braking and I'm forcing the car to stay straight. I know its not my brakes I did a pad and rotor replacement with new OEM parts in October 2017. Almost seems like something got knocked loose from the hit.

Also, from what I can tell I need a new Bumper, new upper tailgate (the dent is on a body line and looks cracked but I could be wrong), New lower tailgate, New pass side tail light for the door and my PDC is acting up so probably need a new sensor or two. I imagine this is going to be a bit more than $4k probably somewhere in the $7K-$10K range If its only cosmetic.
Appreciate 0