View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #197
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
To be honest, it's likely more like "For every poster on here with a blown engine, etc, there are 20 with a rock solid vehicle." Only real enthusiasts really seek out forums like we have here just to chat. I'd wager 90% of users posting here have issues, which creates a feeling in teh online communities that a vehicle is unreliable. In reality, it's just that the forum is a place to go WHEN YOU HAVE problems, therefore a huge bias of problematic cars show up on forums.

Other than me, and a few others, I RARELY see a happy post that's titled " I hit 200k! yay!" I see 100 posts each week that say "My biturbo v8 engine is misfiring? What's up? It's never left NYC, and only gets driven 20 miles in rush hour city traffic a day, do you think my engine is super happy with me?"
knock on wood I beat mine daily down backroads and at 132k it seems to be holding together. I think at some point I will do a rebuild, this thing does drink oil, and I am ok with it, it is by far not the worst oil using motor I have ever daily driven. So yes, I think you are very correct here.
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0