View Single Post
      04-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #179
RonVF
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 X5 35i , 2006 X5 3.0,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeloF15 View Post
Here are some pics of the recent look under the skirt... I think I can rule out the rear main seal. Anybody see anything else besides opg? Got a quote for 1800 at the dealer.
1200 at a local BMW shop. Might be worth a few bucks extra to take it to dealer. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
Hello AngeloF15,
I was just searching forums and came across your post. I am wondering how you made out? Did you go to the dealer?
I just purchased a 2011 X5 35i for my wife and it has a really bad oil leak. I just got a quote from the dealer for $1800 plus parts, for the OPG
I was hoping the leak was the oil filter housing which I did last week, but the oil is still pouring out, badly. The valve cover gasket from what I can see doesn’t appear to be leaking so that only leaves the OPG.
I bought the X5 from an estate and the car has been sitting all winter which I would guess maybe the cold temps of VT shrunk the seals. Car had just had an oil change less than 1,000 miles ago and there was no notes on the service invoice of any leaks.
Vehicle has 124,900 on it and I am now wondering if I should just get ride of it before it cost me more than its worth. At the moment it needs new front wheel bearings, The ebrake is screwed up, the TPM light is on and there is something weird with the exhaust, its pretty loud when you first start but then the damper closes after is warms a little and gets quieter. And that’s the short list from the 60 mile drive home after purchasing it..
The only good so far is that I only paid $7,000 which I am thinking might have even been higher than its worth when and if I do get thru the list of issues.
Thanks
Appreciate 0