View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #89
ZetaTre
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 and Z4

Something interesting I've found here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=361439&page=6

As I read through this thread, I couldn't find a confirmation that the proper wiring exist: even if the slip ring had the proper pins, the wiring behind it may be missing.

Here's a couple of pictures.

This is a E90 without paddle shifter:

And here's the same connector for cars with paddle shifter

You'll notice the paddle shifter wiring has a yellow-black and a yellow-white wire.

I thought I point this out before spending too much time over coding which wouldn't lead anywhere if the proper wiring is missing.

Now it could be that in the LCI they standardized the wiring (maybe to accomodate the wiring required for the ///M which as far as I know was the only X5 with paddle shifter, but I could very well be wrong) or something so they are always present, while in the per-LCI there was no need. In addtion the 35d didn't see any change between pre-LCI and LCI (other than cosmetic): it has always had the same engine and transmission, so maybe for that one the wiring never change

The fact that the slip ring has the proper pin-out is a good thing.

The yellow-black and yellow-white apparently go to the Gearbox module. More information here (read the comments to the video):

Last edited by ZetaTre; 01-16-2014 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0