View Single Post
      08-09-2017, 10:17 AM   #15
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBimX5din View Post
that small of a change it would be hard to calculate the losses, but it is probably more of a complex situation then simply, less city mpg, more highway mpg.

The jeep guys run strut spacers you can buy made for the Grand Cherokee's, if someone made one for the X's in theory you could lift them. I would bet there is a small market for folks looking for that, so maybe some funky home brew stuff may happen by someone slick enough
I had considered this before going the coil over route since the company who makes e53 lifts uses strut spacers and really it's a hunk of metals with holes and studs. The problem is that you couldn't install it with stock springs without disassembling everything. You can barely get the stock struts back in because of clearance issues on the axle shaft and lower strut mount. I was able to shorten the coilovers, install, then lengthen them once in place. You could get one inch max before you get concerned about the lower strut mount hitting the axle shaft. You could do it with stock springs and spacers but you would have to pull the axles, install the spacers and struts, the reinstall the axles but wouldn't get more than one inch still. Then you would need to figure out how to perch the stock rear springs and space the dampers.

Last edited by jandref321; 08-09-2017 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Error in sentence
Appreciate 0