View Single Post
      08-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #8
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBimX5din View Post
that small of a change, the long form answer is no. I mean that's tiny. I had a grand Cherokee, and went from a 27" tall tire, to 32"s with the only change being suspension. The X5's have weak'ish TC's, but I would bet the half shafts will be fine. It does make a difference looks wise for sure, so probably worth it. Your mileage would be hard to track being as your speed is no longer 'accurate' with the new tire size change.
I hadn't considered the tire's circumference affect on the mpg gauge. The original person on Xoupost who used these size tires said that the speedo was exactly accurate with the larger tires since they manufacture a 2mph addition. I don't know how he tested it, maybe those speed trap things at the side of the road that tell you how fast you're going. But, that would partially explain why all the BMWs I've owned have had better gas mileage than advertised.

The actual speed difference always changes with speed though so you can't say its' accurate all the time anyway. I took my E46 M3 up to 175mph on the dash but gps was reading 162mph

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0