View Single Post
      08-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #3
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzdavE70 View Post
was your MPG affected by lifting and by putting bigger tires?
I considered this question after the lift, but haven't been paying attention...and the tires were just put on Thursday so not enough time to tell. I'll reset the MPG gauge and check in a few days.

I've put on a few thing that already affect the MPG. The roof racks dropped my MPG significantly, and the BMS PowerBox tune dropped it a little more. I was sitting at 21MPG average after those mods but before the tires/lift.

I didn't want to abandon Xoutpost since that is where I got the idea for all of this, but I'll answer your question here: The tires have an awesome ride. They add a positive element to the whole setup because for the damping I need with the additional height the ride gets a bit rough, but the tires soften it up.

You don't need the lift to put the tires on though. The front suspension piece you have to clear doesn't move when you lift it so that doesn't help at all. You need either the lower offset rims like Lambeau's Touren TR60 18X8 ET20 or you need spacers.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0