10-19-2023, 03:53 AM   #19
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
I don't think this is really the concern you are making it out to be here. Sure, it won't be nimble like a miata or even 911...but, the GM steering is good. Real good. Like the only mainstream cars rivaling Porsche electric steering and that somehow doesn't suffer from the dead-spots and ridiculous stuff BMW designed into theirs. Just look at the new Darkhorse vs. the old 1LE, Ford still hasn't figured it out either. Typically the heavier cars will feel better at speed anyway, maybe not carve the tightest arc, but you won't likely be in a situation where you are trying to tear the car back and forth at the limits of it's grip, the "fun" you have with it will likely be well within it's grip capability. GM also has dynamics dialed. If you watched/read the blackwing reviews...this seems to be unanimous. If you are going to go for a big car, I don't think it'll disappoint. I think interior differences are more about long-term bias than real quantifiable differences. There are differences...but they are much more "in the noise" these days. My 2SS interior is nicer than a friends Cayman I sat it. Sure, it's "just" a Cayman...but there's also not this giant chasm that people make there out to be between German cars and others. People kind of flip out when I drive them in my "Kia", as in "OMG, I never knew Kia made a car like this!?"...but it's like a carbon-copy of my BMW 4 series from a couple years ago. Point is the giant chasm/gap just doesn't exist anymore. There are people though that still see what they want to see, no matter what is in front of them.
Well said.

Ever since Cadillac started making sports sedans and stomping on BMW's head, the car enthusiast retort has been "yeah, but the interior sucks". Then when you actually drive a Cadillac you realize it is a better experience than what BMW offers.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25086.00
jmack550.00