Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Convinced my wife that we need a 3rd car

Here's our current lineup:

'23 X7
'23 M3 6MT (on order)

I've been trying to convince my wife that we need a 3rd car for the following reasons:

1) A winter car - I'd like to keep my M3 long term, so would like to avoid the wear and tear of winter driving on it. It's also RWD so not ideal for winter/snow driving.
2) My wife can't drive manual. If I need to take the X7 out for whatever reason (service, hauling something large, etc), she'd essentially be stranded at home. She's also not willing to learn, and even if she was, I'm not sure I want to teach her on my M3.
3) At least a couple times a year we have family/friends visit from out of town. Would be nice to have a car available for them to use rather than having to have them squeeze into one of our cars or renting their own car. This isn't high on the priority list, but another consideration.

Up until now my wife has been adamantly against getting a 3rd car because she wants to use the 3rd garage spot for storage. Funny enough it took one slightly bad snow day to convince her. As she was driving she called me and asked if my new car (the M3) would be safe in the snow.... this was my opportunity....

So now that she's on board... I'm starting to think about what 3rd car to get. Likely won't buy for several months, but I love thinking about this stuff.

This is what I'm considering for my criteria:
<$25k
4 doors
Preferably AWD, but will also consider FWD
Automatic
<180" in length (would like something small)
Somewhat reliable

Any suggestions?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 0