TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Not yet man. Having a really hard time. I'm looking closely at a 2016 MBZ E63S, a 2016 GLE63S, and the 2016 X5M.

I just read a thread last night on the F85 where some guys were saying the F85 is junk.

They want way too much $ for a GLE63, and I haven't been able to find a good example of an F85 for under $70. The problem I'm having is that these were so limited in production that now to find a good clean example is more than I can afford.
I was really high on the F10s, F06s, and the F85s for a while but really cooled off on all of them. The F85s out there that are under $70K either don't have the options I want or have a ton of miles. Plus the issues those guys are having with the wheels clicking and the brake squeal sound like a nightmare. I'm tired of getting cars I have to fix constantly...I feel like that's been a common theme with all my BMWs...but I just can't see myself in a Merc. no matter how sweet they are...and they are.

I was looking at Comp. Pack F80s as well for a while but decided against that as well. Starting to seem like I don't know what I want so I'm still beating up on this E70. First-world problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
The good news is that I still have this beauty covered for the rest of the year. I feel like it's already hit a low point in pricing, and the truck is flawless. I'll make a few grand less selling at the end of the year, but I'll save twice that buying one of the 16 models I mentioned which would then be four years old..
Yeah, I feel like E70s are bottoming out. The 16s you're looking at still have ways to go. That's a good strategy.
Totally.

I think the problem we all have is that the E70 is just an awesome ride. Mine has been bulletproof and people (the general public) think it's a new car. When I tell people it's a 2011 they scratch their heads. In the speed department it's in a league of its own. Handling, it's glued. The stance with those wide ass tires looks beastly. The utility, the safety, the comfort, it's really remarkable. Just the sheer back to basics joy of driving, I love this car.

To think I have to sell it for $25K and replace it with something three times as expensive but only marginally better is not super exciting.
E70M8.00