First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9vapors View Post
So today I deleted one of my vacuum canisters, I've done a bunch of research and these seem to be used as a failsafe in the event there is not enough vacuum to run things. I'm already not using the exhaust flappers, so I'm in excess anyway. It's basically for areas that see altitude and pressure changes often, and 2 is more than overkill, there are a bunch of folks that delete them altogether. I just T'd the driver side out as it just has all of that mess run over the engine. I'm trying to slowly declutter my engine bay and make it something nice to look at instead of a mess. Also make it easier to work on and get to things.

Still have to cut the excess hose and mount the passenger side canister somewhere out of the way. I'm thinking in the space behind the partition. Then I'll be able to delete the o2 sensor bridge. I have some plans for how to route that wiring as well.
Is the only benefit to removing this aesthetics?
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0