Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlpower View Post
Any update?
Here is the install DIY:
https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1537049

I'm still hunting down the boost leak codes. I'm getting 30FF, 310B, and 3108. I have replaced:

Rebuilt turbos and wastegates (obviously)
All vacuum lines (have removed the T line going to exhaust)
Boost solenoid
Replaced TMAPs
Crankcase vent lines
Deleted my catch cans
Filtered air ducts (in 2017)

I took it to an indy shop and they inspected all the hoses visually and under load, but couldn't run full diagnostic due to flash and piggyback tune. They said that boost leaks occur at lower boosts and speeds normally so he believes that the issue is in the tune software and referred me to a tuner.

I decided to instead run a smoke test myself and pressurized the system and found no leaks except in a vent line leading from the bank 1 intake manifold. I replaced that last night and it didn't fix the issue.

This morning I decided to run back through my pictures and make a timeline of boost related things I did:

October 22, 2017 New charge pipe hoses and filtered air ducts
October 24 DV+ diverter valves installed
March 12 JB4 installed
March 18 BMS data cable installed through firewall
April 5 P3 gauge hardwire into JB4 TMAP cable
April 15 AVIN installed and wired to JB4, P3 gauge removed
April 19 First 310b Code

I have already double checked all the JB4 wiring and verified that the P3 gauge tap didn't damage the wiring. I ran the JB4 hard for a month before the first code and the closest thing was wiring the data cable to AVIN. Next steps:

1) Remove Data Cable and double check JB4 wiring to DME
2) Remove JB4
3) Take truck to tuner

BTW, if anyone saw that I installed the BMS 4 Bar TMAP sensors...I also uninstalled them because the voltage change in the JB4 is only for N54 and couldn't get BMS to respond. After I fix the boost leak issue I'll look for a solution to the TMAPs.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 1