View Single Post
      03-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #80
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarPundit View Post
You seem to be making a number of incorrect assumptions and I don’t really see you making a point. I’m not in favor of a universal 75mph speed limit. I’d much rather have a US Autobahn. But there are speed limits on many portions of the Autobahn too, and I don’t have a problem with speed limits in urban and congested areas where it is necessary to facilitate reasonable and orderly traffic flow. This of course has nothing to do with whether I want a neutered car.

I’m also not in favor of a great number of US regulations on a whole array of subjects, including cars. So again, I’m not getting your point. The fact that I am only one voter and that the regulatory environment has progressed beyond where I would like it certainly does not mean that I should favor more of the same.
Ok, but there is just no way for you as an american to legally use that +112mph on the public road. So if you're that much against it, I can only presume that you're planning to break the law by speeding in an excess of over 37/42mph. Otherwise it wouldnt matter.
And I think thats an amount that is in no situation tolerable.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0