View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 10:32 AM   #196
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Removed 3M gloss black from climate/radio trim and rear console trim. and wrapped in CF. BTW, the climate/radio trim has a very thin black coating that unpeeled when removing the wrap...two small spots. I wrapped over it and a barely visible line shows, but just letting you know to take caution. Most gloss wrap will be compromised slightly and is dependent on the smoothness of the surface to which you apply. The Sott still looks better than the 3M gloss, but you can still see some fine orange peel. I used a Seal-It-Pen for corners and the long edge, which will de-laminate without. Coated all the Sott Wrap with 9H ceramic coating and it makes a big difference. BTW, FWIW, the 9H ceramic coat was an inexpensive Amzaon selection so I had something on hand. I didn't do much research, but very easy to apply and looks very glossy after application. NOTE: Don't forget to orient the carbon fiber grain so it's all in the same direction once applied to all the pieces.

OTHER PROJECTS IN WORK:
1. Wrap lower exterior mirror in CF - Currently wrapped in 3M gloss black (which looks very good). Not much left that I want to wrap. May try to wrap roof in CF to see how it looks...

2. Remove OEM exhaust tips - I think I now understand how to remove w/o completely cutting them off, we'll see...

3. Install new 3.5" exhaust tips - I have two sets on hand, one clamp and one requiring welding. Probably start with the clamped versions.

4. B&W (Option S6F1A) Speaker Upgrade - As posted by another forum member; I have the S752A Individual audio system. Been PMing with him to understand totality of this mod. Based on his upgrade the 825 watts with the individual amp should be sufficient; I've placed orders for some of the components.

Name:  IMG_1501_resized.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  283.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1513_resized.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  289.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1516_resized.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  249.3 KB