Jon_G
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 ZHP 6sp + 2012 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Sorry to hear this...

If you download the spotify app through google play on the monitor, do you still experience skipping? Or how about in another car? I've read lots of other examples of skipping in carplay, but no solutions yet.

I've not played audio via carplay extensively and skipping is only occasionally. With the great sounding DAC setup and my music library on the monitor, I'm no longer interested in the bluetooth encoded music via carplay.

FWIW, I just read this...? "The phone can stream fine on other devices so I knew Spotify was fine but it was an issue between the phone and the car. I have however since fixed the issue. It turns out that the other features sharing the Bluetooth bandwidth like sharing contacts and hands-free calling were the problem. They didn't leave enough bandwidth to effectively stream music so I unpaired the phone and radio and paired them again but this time answering NO to sharing contacts, messages, and turning off hands free calling. No more skipping!"

Also, just read the wireless carplay uses bluetooth to setup, but wifi for functionality...I'll have to look into this..
While my streaming from spotify also works fine with other devices, I can confirm that wireless CarPlay uses Bluetooth to setup, and then just wifi after for functionality, so I don't think the bluetooth bandwidth has anything to do with it.

I just requested and received a firmware upgrade from the 4x4 shop and will try this weekend to see if it resolves the skipping, and I'll also try putting spotify on the android head unit through google play and see if that runs any better (this was my next test hypothesis also), although if it does work better it will only be a half solve as I would like to be able to use CarPlay as I prefer the UX better. Anyhow, I will update more soon. Fingers crossed the firmware does the trick as that would be nice.
Appreciate 0