View Single Post
      07-30-2022, 02:44 PM   #6
wcs531
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi / E70 X5d

Thanks for posting this and your other thread with some details on the center support bearing.

I wish I had searched more thoroughly and found your center support bearing thread before trying to take on the job on my 35d. I have all the heat shields off and realized the driveshaft is not the same as all the other BMW videos online (Large nut on rear diff versus multiple bolts on older cars and more importantly no bolt to separate the driveshaft).

Both my center support bearing and guibo look ok with flaking but no tearing at 106k miles. I'll probably still do the guibo since the heat shields are off and I have the part, but I doubt it was causing the vibration that I was chasing during high torque low rpm situations. I'm starting to think it could just be my aftermarket ATM midpipe hitting somewhere, which I will be putting back on in the next few hours anyway so we will see if I can fix it.

Edit: It looks like there is a solution for the center support bearing that doesnt require dropping/separating the driveshaft, not cheap but much less labor. It addresses the rubber surround which is usually the failure point, and reuses bearing itself.

https://www.jxbperformance.com/produ...arrier-upgrade

Last edited by wcs531; 07-30-2022 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0