View Single Post
      01-28-2024, 06:36 PM   #11
drunkenup
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i, 2021 F150

I had a 20 F150 get hit while parked, repair was about $2000. The insurer was Geico, I paid 350 for an appraisal from a company that writes for diminished value. That appraisal compared no accident vs accident trade in quotes from Vroom, and some fancy legalese. They never saw the truck in person. My advise is not to use these services.

After some back and forth, and some holes poked, by me, into Geico's claim that no value was lost, they offered $400 based on their third party appraisal (who never saw the truck). Maybe, Geico is a common denominator in poor outcomes. I decry anyone who carries their insurance and celebrate those well-deserved, disproportionately high, post-at fault claim rate hikes.

I haven't accepted yet, and I left a VM that I would be looking to sue the other driver. The company I bought the appraisal from claims the insurer will come to the table and negotiate the moment I file to take their insured to small claims. I am considering another "consultant", who based on their own account, seems to talk to the claims teams at the insurance companies. I've since traded the truck in, and, obviously, took $2000 loss of trade in value due to the carfax inquiry.