05-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #19
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSmokos View Post
well today was another limited information day from the dealer. They're definitely not jumping into this or limiting in the information they want to give. The piece today was "found shavings in the oil pan and did you get any indication on low oil level?"...I said nope. I told them that oil shavings sound like a valve hit a piston and did it jump on the timing chain? he wouldn't say until the mechanic got more info. I'm thinking timing chain at this point.

To be continued....
Unfortunately the timing chain on the S63 is the same as the N63...BMW put out a Customer Care Package AKA recall for them but left us out of it. Apparently BMW hasn't learned it lesson w/ cutting corners like the M62 timing chain/guides days :/ Hold their feet to the fire and put the blame on them before they put it on you...they know this is an issue in another engine, so there's ZERO reason (besides admitting fault and costs) as to why the S63 shouldn't be under that recall...they're dragging their feet. We share the same injectors as the N54, they had a recall, my injectors failed, yet when I called BMW NA about it they acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. I paid and swapped them myself, only to have them finally admit it and issued a nationwide recall, so fortunately I got my money back.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/b...ues-90678.html

Last edited by m5james; 05-08-2019 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
IN-FLT12.00