View Single Post
      07-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

Ultimate racing catted down pipes installed

Finally got my ultimate racing catted down pipes installed in the x5m. I also opted to go for the catted o2 bungs / extenders to further reduce any type of CEL.

i know its a diff engine but on my e92 m3 i went w/ just o2 extenders and the CEL goes off but comes back on every few thousand miles and goes back off on its own.

the pipes were installed @ Car Authority carauthority.net in Fredericksburg VA as they provide pick up/drop off or tow service if requested.

Total install time was 9 hours . ( other shops quoted as high as 11 hours).

Install cost was around 800 bucks including pickup/drop off.

Now for the performance

Cold start is a bit louder and normal idle is a few db's higher. Driving in D , the power band was much smoother with just a slight increase in cabin noise. In S And M mode with Power going through 2nd and 3rd i immediately felt the power surge/increase and a slight difference in exhaust back fire / burble.

After i drive it a few more and compare to my buddies stock x5m i'll get my tune

videos of the exhaust sound coming up.

All in all pretty good for under 2400