View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #83
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
I hear good things about BC coilovers. Do please give a review on them! Both those rims are very nice but like you rims and suspension will probably be later on so I'm sure my mind will change again.

Really? That's not good. Hopefully its common hardware! I'm so glad I found the aero kit cause the x5 doesn't look bad, it just needs a little bit of flare and I think this kit does that very nicely.
The shop installed the coil-overs but I had to put the aero kit installation on hold for 2-3 weeks. The local body shop wanted a little more than what I wanted to spend so Im taking it to another shop I deal with.

I drove the X this morning and was impressed! I was expecting the ride to be horrible (I always assume the worst with these things) but it felt just a tad bit firmer and better than my wife's E90 haha. I drove for about 10 minutes and local streets only. The shop is actually going to adjust the height a bit higher once we get the wheel studs and spacers on. Then I need to drive to let it break in, and then align and re-adjust to my liking. I think that 19" wheels with doofy tires (or proper tires) help a ton with the comfort. Now im questioning going onto 20's =/ . If I can make 20's work with some meatier tires, and not look like Im going off-roading, maybe..

I added one pic to the "what have you done" thread. Hopefully i can get that aero kit on ASAP