View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 10:43 AM   #81
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
Sweet! Looking forward to it. A white x5 is the perfect color to see this kit on! And those painted reflectors are a must I feel.

Which coilovers? I was think the bilstein b12 kit for my x5 when It comes time for a suspension refresh. The 335 style rims are very nice! Unfortunately my x5 has style 209 rims... I have my eyes on some rims though. I'll probably be doing rims after I do the mods I mentioned.

I'm excited to install my atm intercooler. I hear there's some trimming to do. Did you go with a catted downpipe?

I want to install these style headlights for my x5
I think these have a better projector lens than our fresnal lens. If not though I might tear them apart and try retrofitting an led projector, or maybe two
I went with BC. My Indy has experience with installing them and "fine tuning" them so I went with those. I will definitely post my experience with them after a few hundred miles. I'm going from a non-sport setup to coils..should be interesting lol. As far as rims, I almost went with 214's but I'm still on the fence since I also like the VFS-2's. Either choice will most likely be later on at this point.

My codes for the emissions stuff came back RIGHT AFTER my last post so this would be the next thing on my list to do. Im going to talk to my Indy on that and most likely go with DUDMD for his tuning. The Rawtek kit I bought does have the high flow cat. Their sale was like 25-30% off normal price so I went for it.

As far as the LCI kit, my shop just called me and asked to confirm what is actually getting painted. The ebay kits come with NO instructions and/or all the hardware (only some). I printed out the OE installation instructions and bought all the OE hardware so hopefully he can make sense of it all haha. I'll make sure to email him some pics of the kit installed as well, for reference.

When you install the ATM I/C I would love to hear the feedback. I dont tow anything and it might be overkill for my setup, but I still want it

I wish I had the space and time to do a headlight project. I have neither so I have to depend on a retro-fitter when I get it done.