View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 10:57 AM   #13
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
Just read this. Really nice know this has been a reliable tow rig for you, especially with the mileage you're at. Just pick up an x5d with 87k on it so I'm looking forward to hopefully lots of good miles. Been enjoying it stock though with the trans tune and the xdelete driving in rwd mostly while the weather is nice.

Hoping to get mine deleted before winter rolls in. Want to get a stealth hitch installed so it can haul my 335d and track and drag it! Please do update with how your airbags work for you might be something I should look at doing too.
Honestly, the thing towed perfectly fine without the airbags. I've just been measuring the tongue weight every single time, and making sure it's right at 550lbs. Annoying to have another step in the loading process, but not the end of the world. I'll still be measuring it each time, since teh hitch weight is only 600lbs max.

I've wanted to try Xdelete but just cant rationalize it, since my X5 does see dirt, and I stress the entire car with towing. Wouldn't want to stress the rear diff with all the towing propulsion on it. I'll definitely be updating with any information about the change in handling!