View Single Post
      07-14-2020, 01:47 AM   #9
daddywine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35d

What a beautiful diesel!
I recently picked up the same year with just under 50k miles but didn’t get some of the options that I covet on yours, i.e. adaptive drive, lane departure warning, comfort access, ventilated and massaging seat, and HUD. I was searching for quite a while and finally settled on the low mileage overriding the options that were missing. From that search I can confirm that those options are quite rare to find and I can’t say I ever saw one, in my nationwide search, with all of them together. Whomever makes the deal to take your baby home will be getting an awesome vehicle that will surely be the “ultimate driving machine!”
The diesels are a pure pleasure to drive and deliver a lot more performance than most people expect, especially with the full emissions delete and a performance tune. I assume you live in one of the free of emissions testing counties in Texas but can offer a suggestion for anyone who would be interested in purchasing your beauty but lives somewhere, like me in Cali, that has heavy emissions regulations.
I setup an LLC in Montana and registered my vehicle there. Montana has no emissions requirements, no sales tax (saved me close to $1,100) and after a vehicle is 11 years or older (next year for a 2011) you can purchase a permanent registration for $130. It is such a great deal that there is an entire industry devoted to being the registered agent of people’s LLC. It is especially attractive to high end RV purchasers spending $1 to $2 million, the tax savings is the main draw then.
Sorry to get off topic but want to reiterate what a gorgeous and rare vehicle you have for sale! I might have had a tough decision if I would have seen yours before purchasing mine. Good luck and congratulations in advance to whomever you sell it to.
Appreciate 0