02-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #21
mrmomo313
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloK View Post
If the trucks have proven to be reliable why blow 7 Grand on a extended warranty? 7K seems very high. You think the dealer wants will honor the warranty if he throws in a tune and downpipes on a potentially catastrophic breakdown?

pass, pass, pass on the warranty. There's a reason they offer these, they're cashing in big time.
I would not own this car out of warranty but thats just me. When stuff DOES go wrong its not cheap, the warranty gives you piece of mind and will likely pay itself off with one big ticket repair. Part of buying a used car means you have no clue how the previous owner treated it... If I were buying used i'd spring 7k for a warranty, you're already saving 35k+ buying it used! Skip the downpipes if you want to play it safe, I've been doing the tuned car game for a while. Its not hard to work around that.

The other way to look at it is you're saving money by going used so you could just swallow what ever repairs come along the way. Different strokes for different folks..

All that said, I will most likely be selling the car within a year. Just want to enjoy the new power for a little while and then move onto an rs7. 50k+ miles is when things start going wrong and I'm approaching that mark soon, i'll let the next owner deal with those potential issues

2018 M6 Gran Coupe Competition- Singapore Grey/Aragon Brown
DME Stage 3
Appreciate 0