View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 12:23 AM   #1
IronMike2020
Rep
Drives: X5 E70 50i

2011 E70 X5 50i Valve Stem Seals

Hi

I purchased my car in 2017 August with 60k miles from BMW of Roxbury in New Jersey, without warranty.... at that time i thought i am spending 23k USD and taking 6k-7k extended warranty for only 2 years its not worth it... was i wrong? maybe...

I was driving my E46 330ci from 2001 from 2007 to 2017 10 years and didn't have any major problems, sold it with 180k miles on it and i thought its time to change to something bigger and i did ended up with this wonderful BIG problem car.

Car is lovely I do not drive much recently overall i only did 23k miles in 3 years now I am at 83,000. Few months after I bought the car i noticed that my car required extra oil, so knowing from the past I went to BMW dealer ask them what oil I need bought 5w30 few bottles and just were adding it roughly 1QT every 700-800 miles, I thought that this is normal for such a big engine and it didn't bother me too much, no leaking no problem, even the guy who was selling me oil was like "its normal, its normal" recently it becomes 1QT every 300 miles .... but whats bother me the most is that smoke when car is idle.... this is just way too much, sometimes in winter when i start my car and then jump in 10 minutes later i am sitting in chimney.

I did some research about BANG lawsuit and BMW north America settling it, i read some posts here and there and some people claimed they had it replaced and some were charged with $8,000, I called my local shop that specialize in BMW they said $4500 some random guy on craiglist say $2500.

What should I do? whats my option? Do i have any chance being covered by CCP N63? I will be dropping my car maybe this week for Air Bag recall and want to know whats my options... should I tell them to do Oil consumption test? I seriously don't know what to do.

Anybody know some professional mechanic in New Jersey that can perform that repair for $2,000-$2,500 ?

Hope everyone is well, thanks for any help and information.

Mike
Appreciate 0