09-17-2020, 02:27 AM   #16
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebtahi98 View Post
Get ready to hold on I estimate between $1800 and $2200. If someone was nice enough to lend us a pair of the snorkels we could 3-D scan them pump them out in a high temperature plastic and sell them for $50 apiece!!! Simple logic. The most expensive part of the whole ordeal would be the air filters wow it would cost you approximately $125 for good BMC or K&N air filters. Know if anybody here actually has some brains and agrees with me please chime in because all we need to do is take a 3-D scan of somebody's snorkels and we're off and running!! I would even happily give the person 100 or $200 just to borrow them for two hours.
Henceforth after the borrowing they would be lasered perfect dimensions and we could have the same exact thing oh my god if you wanted in carbon fiber guess what I can get carbon fiber weaving for the 3-D printer. Yes it's more costly and in my eyes it's dumb simple high temperature ABS plastic! The materials would cost about $1.50.
We would have snorkel one snorkel two for less than $100 I would market them for 500 apiece not including air filters if you want air filters 750 and we're still thousands cheaper than RK. Does anybody agree with me or am I just talking drivel ???? Sorry this is coming from an engineer and a racecar builder
I'd be in for ABS material intakes if you do end up making them.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 2
TTV8M122.50