Sounds like a business opportunity for you bro
How much are these now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@RKautowerks View Post
Sounds like a business opportunity for you bro
How much are these now?
Get ready to hold on I estimate between $1800 and $2200. If someone was nice enough to lend us a pair of the snorkels we need both for the X5M and 6 we could 3-D scan them pump them out in a high temperature plastic and sell them for $50 apiece!!! Simple logic. The most expensive part of the whole ordeal would be the air filters wow it would cost you approximately $125 for good BMC or K&N air filters. Know if anybody here actually has some brains and agrees with me please chime in because all we need to do is take a 3-D scan of somebody's snorkels and we're off and running!! I would even happily give the person 100 or $200 just to borrow them for two hours.
Henceforth after the borrowing they would be lasered perfect dimensions and we could have the same exact thing oh my god if you wanted in carbon fiber guess what I can get carbon fiber weaving for the 3-D printer. Yes it's more costly and in my eyes it's dumb simple high temperature ABS plastic! The materials would cost about $1.50.
We would have snorkel one snorkel two for less than $100 I would market them for 500 apiece not including air filters if you want air filters 750 and we're still thousands cheaper than RK. Does anybody agree with me or am I just talking drivel ???? Sorry this is coming from an engineer and a racecar builder. I should say Audi, and BMW, Merc, VW, Porsche's also Italian horses and bulls enthusiast extremely serious/őcd/serious one lol

9/25/20 = incredibly Unfortunate News 😭 no more 3-D printer it magically grew legs and walked away isn't that amazing how those things happen I was thinking either that or the underwear gnomes (South Park)
I don't know maybe they needed it for the devils dandruff so someone lifted my 3-D printer I cannot currently make these until I get another one but I'm sure there's people(also find someone willing to lend us the intakes) on this forum that have a 3-D printer that would be in our little club it's not the biggest deal for us three of us could easily pool our money together(i'm sure we have enough integrity and if we wanna go that far we could even draw up a legal contract) we could buy a really good one like I seriously good one that will do huge items even out of carbon fiber and such for three grand but I had a smaller one I just don't have an extra $1500 cash currently I'm not going through my insurance I know or I should say I'm pretty positive from took it and I'm pretty positive why many people have problems these days that's all I'm saying so that's my update it's not the biggest deal it's not the worst news but it is what it is just to let you guys now but like I said earlier whoever is in for something like that we can always pull the trigger and come up with a cool plan all right gentlemen everyone stay safe,be well & Drive.... let's keep this movement going !!!
Appreciate 4