View Single Post
      08-08-2021, 11:59 PM   #1
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

PureTurbos Stage 2 installed

Finally! Was able to get my Pureturbos stage 2 upgrade installed on my X5M.

Big thanks to Sophisticated Redneck for answering a shit ton of questions for me. Thanks to jandref321 for creating the multiple DIY threads for the removal and install of the stock turbos, helped me in a few situations. Thanks also to FrakenM & M5James for help as well.

Pictures below, but one thing to note is that I am pretty sure that everyone's Plastic Y pipe will eventually fail if it isnt replaced with a brass or stainless steel one. My motor was replaced (when under the ownership of the previous owner) at 69K miles. I bought the car at 70K miles (on chassis, 1k on the new block). I am surprised that in just 20K miles (now im at 90k), My plastic Y had failed. You will see pics of the crystalized antifreeze on my oil return pipes....what a mess.

Other than that, everything went well. I bought a endoscope/borescope to check the Y fitting and the oil return lines after the install to confirm no leaks.

I have also flashed the DME to my new tune which turns up the boost to 22psi. I have not yet Dyno'd, I have not even pushed the car past 10psi yet.

I do plan to install a meth kit soon. I'll Dyno afterwards.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
XRatedM136.50
TTV8M122.50