View Single Post
      07-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #24
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I'm fortunate enough to have both a Tesla Model 3 and an BMW e90 V8M3.

- TM3 is pretty quick, instant torque so it feels faster than my M3. However the M3 is faster... but not my much. It does feel like acceleration is just limited by software... maybe after a few months they can push a software update to increase acceleration. (People where getting 4.5 sec 0-60's then a software update brought it back down to the advertised 5.1)
- TM3 feels as if it handles better than my M3... imagine Porsche Cayman weighed down with luggage and two passengers and that's what the TM3 feels like
- build quality is pretty good on mine... I got lucky.
- TM3 tech makes it feel like I'm driving a car from the future. Autopilot makes traffic a breeze. iPhone X as key works every time. Interface is a breeze to use... no learning curve.
- TM3 has little to no maintenance (brakes and tires)
- 300 miles on the TM3 is less than $20 at the local supercharger (even cheaper at home) vs $60 to $70 for 225 to 250 miles on the M3
- e90 M3 V8 at 8k is like crack which makes it worth keeping every time.

I've added some visual mods to mine... I've got KW/ Mountain Pass performance coil-overs on order as well and am trying really hard not to get a set of Volk racing or hre wheels on it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0