View Single Post
      09-04-2020, 09:36 AM   #39
aerostar
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
I love the BMW snobs in this thread. People concerned about reliability problems in a Jeep but not a BMW or LR/RR? Lol, get real people. Both brands have a history of poor reliability. I think BMW has gotten better recently, but LR/RR is still the same junk it used to be.

The proof of concept here is my example. My GC SRT had a sticker of $72k---not exactly cheap. And for that price, I can get into any of the established name plates. But why? I very briefly considered a LR Disco which I really liked when I sat in one. The forums at the time were littered with people with their Discos in for service and the dealer didn't know the cause of the problem. Then there were the slew of other issues. Same old LR/RR BS. Next.

I looked (briefly) at what I could get for $75k max in a Cayanne and X5. No thanks. Low performance and no features of interest. Meanwhile the SRT is a much faster vehicle than the comparatively priced german options, way better looking (IMO), and far more features/tech. I've had the SRT for 1.5 yrs and ~10,200 miles. Only had a faulty USB connector go bad on me.

And of course, there's the other thing that no one is considering and was also a factor for me. The badge. Although I could have convinced her if I tried hard enough, my wife doesn't want to own a car with a fancy badge (despite me having an M3, lol). She had no inherent interest in a Porsche, BMW, MB. She was marginally interested in the LR. So that's another real consideration, depending on your views, your job, and where you live.

My Jeep isn't perfect. It doesn't have the nice feel of even a base luxo SUV. But it's well screwed together and fun to toss around back roads. I suspect that a $100k GW, will be a much nicer and higher quality experience. I prefer the looks of the X7/GLS, but I would definitely check out the GW. Though I generally don't go for fullly loaded vehicles, so I doubt I'd be spending $100k---particularly with the inevitable discounts.
How is wanting an X7 or a RR over the Wagoneer after seeing the photos of it,etc. being a BMW snob?

If someone prefers a certain BMW model over a certain Jeep model they're totally just brand snobs, you're right.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00