View Single Post
      05-23-2020, 09:28 PM   #18
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

The monitor needs GPS and the factory radio needs GPS. IF you have factory navigation you can use the GPS splitter to split the radio GPS to the monitor **OR** leave GPS to the radio and install the provided GPS module somewhere in your dash near the windshield. If you don't have factory navigation, then you must install the provided GPS module.

Installed mine, but something is **wrong**, no OEM display. I'm going to swap my avin monitor back in tomorrow to confirm oem display is functioning, then it's likely the 4x4 monitor (ugh, not looking forward to waiting for another), hopefully it's something else I missed...

Also, FWIW, the USB>JITTERBUG>DAC>OEM AUX INPUT works. However without access to the oem side, I can't properly adjust yet. The gain is way low compared to just plugging in directly to the OEM Aux Input from the monitor. [watch your volume when switching back and forth] With that said, comparing both, the DAC didn't sound tinny, but I do hear the hiss sunny_j mentioned (which was directly attributable to the red dragon I have), so will try to clean it up OR pic a new DAC.

**UPDATE** I'm glad to report User Error on the above issue. I decided to go back out cycle through all the FACTORY CAR TYPES starting with CIC labels and the last one (09) worked. None of the others work for me. The sticker on the monitor bag (that included password) states to use CAR TYPE 5 or 6.

Last edited by argento; 05-23-2020 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 1