View Single Post
      06-21-2020, 09:07 PM   #75
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu001 View Post
I reordered with the same company as the first link in the forum based on the fast shipping.

I have spent the last 2 weeks trying to see how the Audio wire can be run from the front panel all the way to the center armrest in the middle so that it can be plugged into the Aux. Most videos just partially refer to this portion of the installation and do not provide details.

I think - you run the Audio cable from the front dash to the Pax side of the Central Console and go below the carpet. i.e. no need to go into the glove box right? Then you run along the carpet towards the Center Armrest Box. Here is where I get stuck. I do not know how to get into the center armrest box from here.

Are there any drawings or instructions on how to do this? Or can I request others to share their experience?

Thank you in advance.
I’ll try to get a picture or drawing tomorrow. I had the same issues nobody shows this step! I could run the aux below the cupholders and straight back because apparently on my model to remove the cupholders I think I’d have to take out the entire center console box!

I ran a 4ft Anker aux cable Down the side, there was a gap that led to the passenger side footwell, along the side of the center console, back up into the center console in the shifter tray area, then drilled a hole into the console box.

So first I removed the 2 carpet panels on the passenger side. Then dropped the aux down the side of the compartment it’s in, so I could pull it down into passenger area. Then removed the shifter trim and tray like Argento showed. Then pushed the cable up through an existing hole into that shifter area. Then I used a 1/4” bit and drilled a hole from inside the console box through the already existing slit to lead to the shifter area. Then was able to just push the aux through that hole and plug it in. 4ft cable had about 3” to spare. It wouldn’t have been long enough for other routings.
Appreciate 0