View Single Post
      06-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #74
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Thanks for the update. So is the existing mic completely unusable?
Sorry for the delay. I’ve been doing some testing and debating on the solution.

I’ve only tested using CarPlay. I’ve noticed a little over half the time the audio on phone calls sounds normal OEM, and the other half is really hard to hear the person in the car.

Originally I just thought the head units mic is low quality and is using that for audio. I asked xtrons who also sells the same head unit but had better customer support if theirs supports the oem microphone as it said in their description and they confirmed it does.

So I’m thinking at least some of the time this head unit is using the oem mic. To confirm today, I had a good quality phone call and with another phone played white noise all around the head unit. The person on the phone didn’t report anything odd. This confirms with me that it must be using the oem microphone sometimes.

Now my theory is sometimes it’s using the head units microphone instead. I will do the same test on a poor quality call. If this is the case I’m wondering if there’s maybe a setting somewhere to disable the built in mic? Or maybe I’ll have to cut it off. Any ideas where the mic is on this unit?
Appreciate 1