Rep
Drives: X5

FS: BMW X5 Custom Kicker Stealth Subwoofer Boxes

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
MW X5 Custom Stealth Subwoofer Boxes for sale

Subwoofer box designed and built specifically for a 2002 BMW X5 (E53). The box fit specifically in the drivers side rear stow panel in the X5 trunk area. When installed, the panel closed and fit flush, completely concealing the installation and leaving the trunk free and clear. I sold the BMW and figured these could go to a new home. Sadly I did not get any pictures of the installation before I removed it. The system installation was used for a little under 2 years.

The box was designed specifically for a 8" Kicker SoloBaric S7 2 ohm Dual Voice Coil subwoofer. While that subwoofer size seems small, don't let it fool you. The subwoofer is rated for 900 watts peak each (450 watts RMS), and could easily satisfy anyone. That is anyone who isn't on the competitive car stereo circuit with several thousand dollars to spare. Box is built robust in order to handle this high power. I had powered both subwoofers with a compact Kenwood Exelon XR-1S Class D Mono amplifier. This amplifier is rated for 1500 watts peak (700 watts RMS). The amplifier is able to fit in the space under the passenger side subwoofer, concealing it nicely.

Compare these boxes to other BMW specific boxes from Bravarian Soundwerks or JL Audio's Stealthbox. Both are around $600 and have one 10" subwoofer rated for about 300 watts peak, just a tiny fraction of what is possible using these boxes and the Kicker subs. This is easily the most high powered, audiophile grade subwoofer system one can install in the factory space in a BMW X5. All totaled, this system new is approximately $1200 plus the cost of the custom box which typically runs several hundred dollars.

I'm willing to sell these in a few ways, depending on what you want or need. These prices do not include shipping if needed. Pickup is desired, but we can certainly arrange something. Note that the small sub box and one sub has been sold

Passenger side subwoofer enclosure (the bigger one, other one was sold): $75
Passenger side subwoofer enclosure and the Kicker L7: $325
Subwoofer box, the Kicker L7 and the Kenwood Amplifier: $600

Also included for free with any of the above are the power and ground cables, a fuse holder, and line level inputs which allow you to hook the amplifier up to the factory BMW radio with minimal splicing. Some minimal fitment is required, such as some plastic tab trimming and mounting with existing bolting, but significant interior panel work is not required and overall look is completely stealthy.

Let me know if you want any additional pictures

Attached Images

Last edited by mjameson; 09-15-2012 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: Sold one sub and box
Appreciate 0