View Single Post
      06-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #87
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Great work...very good info, thanks for testing this out. I'm in the middle of some audio testing, but will try the MIC testing next. I'm also trying to figure out a dimmer wire for a P3 gauge I just installed. Do you happen to have a list of test examples you want me to try or do you just want me to determine if my unit uses OEM MIC when connected via BT w/my phone? Then a test with a second phone connected via Monitor BT?
Great - is your version wired or wireless carplay? 1280 or 1920 resolution?

Testing -
Try Testing like this: You can call a 2nd phone (mute the 2nd one if you have it in the car) and listen to it. Tap your finger on the OEM mic, and tap on the side of the new screen where mic is and you'll be able to tell which one its using.
Tests:
1 - Pair 1st phone and check which mic its using during a call - Using android bluetooth
2 - Now check this same phone using carplay call to make sure its the same mic.
3 - After the call, confirm if it still shows your phone is connected in the communication section.
4 - Pair a 2nd phone and do the same testing (now calling the 1st phone).

For me, the 1st phone successfully showed OEM mic and never dropped the BT. But on the 2nd, it was dropping BT. It would initially show it connected, but then once you went to the home screen and looked at the communication section it showed no connection.
Appreciate 0