View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 10:00 PM   #85
Aferanova
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvirgi View Post
I did some more testing of the microphone issues with phone calls in CarPlay. My unit has wireless CarPlay by the way.

I noticed with one of our phones, the Bluetooth connection was dropping. CarPlay still worked as it was using wifi to connect. With Bluetooth dropped, CarPlay uses the screens microphone, I believe when the Bluetooth is connected, it uses the OEM mic. Testing is done by speaking either around the screen or near OEM mic to see if significant change in volume.

I’ll try troubleshooting the bluetooth dropping on one of the phones. But would love to have it still use OEM mic even just using CarPlay without Bluetooth.
Confirmed today this is indeed what’s happening; Bluetooth connection = oem mic. No BT, uses the screens mic. It was very clear testing it with both phones in car and receiving phone on mute. I tap either oem mic or screens mic and its very obvious.

Interestingly, the first phone we originally connected to BT works great and never drops the BT and uses OEM mic. The 2nd phone has consistently had the issue, I notice it will connect, then drops either immediately after or once I open carplay with the 2nd phone.

Today I tried removing the 2nd phone from the android BT and forgot the car from the phone. Re-paired it and still have same issues. Yet no issues with phone 1. I’m starting to wonder if there’s an issue with having multiple phones in the android list to pair or something.

Argento or others- is yours the same unit? Can you do the same test to check which mic it uses? And do you have issues with a 2nd phone?
Appreciate 0