04-17-2018, 01:05 PM   #27
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Is there a mark up on the Daytona ? and waiting list ? if you can get one for ~12K no- brainer.
The "wait list" is much shorter for good clients vs. someone that just walks in off the street.

That being said, there are VERY few watches to be had. I've purchased four new Rolex's from my AD over the years and they just aren't getting the number of watches they had in the past. Rolex has reduced the number of watches they're releasing (keeping demand high and the second hand market on fire).
BTW: A VERY good client at my AD has already gotten a white and black face ceramic Daytona (yes, two of them).

AD's cannot mark the watch up. They're only allowed to sell it for retail and no more. So a new ceramic Daytona retails for around $11,600 + tax in my area.
So, yes it's a no brainer if you can find one at retail, new from an AD. The problem is, finding one.
I can't even get one at this time. Same goes for the GMT (BLNR) and Hulk Sub. My AD said that foreign travellers were buying them in the US and taking them back to their country where import tariffs and taxes drive the cost up 30 - 40% for a new watch. It's instant money for them.

My AD has a standing order for me. If one is available, call me and I'll give you my CC number instantly. That's what it takes sometimes.
Appreciate 0